After launching the municipal website CityofVanAlstyne.us, we have refreshed it and added features to accommodate the fast-growing city north of Dallas, Texas.
Since the previous City of Van Alstyne website site was more than four years old, we completely rebuilt the site, working with city staff to reorganize and update all of the content.
New and long-time residents and business owners find a welcoming portal to all the information they need to live and work in Van Alstyne.
News, events, meetings and career opportunities are more visible and easy to share on social media.
Most frequently accessed resources include utility hookups, job opportunities, police and fire department pages, and information on local amenities such as the library. And, customers may also pay water bills, ambulance bills and citations online.
An extensive needs assessment, including interviews and customer inquiry tracking, informed the site’s design and navigation. We also performed testing with representative user groups in the library’s computer lab.
- Mobile and tablet-friendly design.
- Full-text and .pdf search of the site, including meeting minutes and agendas.
- “How do I?” page for frequently asked questions.
- Accessibility for people with visual and motor disabilities.
- Regular announcements from city staff as well as a monthly Mayor’s newsletter.
- New event calendar, to which non-profit organizations, schools, and churches in Van Alstyne may submit events. The latest iteration highlights seasonal events held in a brand new park and downtown City event venue.
- SSL encryption for security.
Sheep Boutique is an agency specializing in government and nonprofit communications. Public service is our passion. If your agency needs help engaging with your community, please get in touch.