We are pleased to announce the launch of a new municipal project: CityofVanAlstyne.us. Van Alstyne is a fast-growing city north of Dallas, Texas.
Since the previous site was more than four years old, we completely rebuilt the site, working with city staff to reorganize and update all of the content.
New and long-time residents and business owners find a welcoming portal to all the information they need to live and work in Van Alstyne.
News, events, meetings and career opportunities are more visible and easy to share on social media.
Most frequently accessed resources include utility hookups, job opportunities, police and fire department pages, and information on local amenities such as the library. And, customers may also pay water bills, ambulance bills and citations online.
An extensive needs assessment, including interviews and customer inquiry tracking, informed the site’s design and navigation. We also performed testing with representative user groups in the library’s computer lab.
- Mobile and tablet-friendly design
- Full-text and .pdf search of the site and code library
- “How do I?” page for frequently asked questions
- Accessibility for people with visual and motor disabilities
- Regular announcements from city staff as well as a monthly Mayor’s newsletter
- New event calendar, to which non-profit organizations, schools, and churches in Van Alstyne may submit events
- SSL encryption for security
Sheep Boutique is an agency specializing in government and nonprofit communications. Public service is our passion. If your agency needs help engaging with your community, please get in touch.